CountrySide Waves – Head Coach Position
The Countryside Waves Swim Team is seeking applications to fill the position of Head Coach for the 2018 season. The Waves are based in the CountrySide neighborhood in Sterling, VA and swim in the Cromwell and Parkway Pools. The Head Coach is responsible for developing, implementing and executing a comprehensive competitive swim program for our swimmers. The program designed and implemented by the head coach will teach and reinforce proper swimming techniques, encourage improvement in all swimming skills, enforce the Code of Conduct as outlined in the Waves’ by-laws, and teach good swimming sportsmanship within the context of the two-month Colonial Swim League’s summer schedule.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct all practices, work outs and on deck activities, according to the ages and skill levels of all swimmers ages 5-18.
- Manage the team for all A and B meets. This includes all special meets, such as Relay Carnival, Divisionals, and All-Stars.
- The head coach will be under the exclusive direction of the Waves Board of Directors while under contract.
- Supervise all assistant coaches, and train as necessary. The head coach will participate in the select the Assistant Coaches, if desired, and direct them in the execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Create meet line ups for all meets.
- Ensure that the pool facilities are returned to normal operating conditions upon conclusion of all practices and sanctioned meets.
- Encourage, support, and maintain a high degree of team spirit and individual morale. This includes pep rallies, meet themes, and the like. Huge team spirit desired!
- Maintain and demonstrate an atmosphere of discipline that ensures safety and promotes good sportsmanship.
- The head coach must have a valid Loudoun County, Virginia Certified Pool Operator License (CPO), a valid American Red Cross Life Saving Certificate, and a Valid Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- 5 years prior coaching experience (assistant or head coach)
- Be at least 18 years old.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to Courtney Freck at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2018.